Importance of Early Childhood Education

Importance of Early Childhood Education

Monday, January 19, 2015

Interview Process: Developmental Delays





Interview Process: Developmental Delays 

When it comes to interviewing people about developmental delays I felt that I choose someone that works in close collaboration in this area. The two individuals, I chose to interview, were two women in the early childhood and elementary setting. The first lady, that I interviewed, was Mrs. Tracey Jones, Special Education Coordinator. The second lady is Ms. Jerin Towns, Pre-K Family Service Advocate.  These two women were helpful when it came providing answers to the questions that I asked during their interview process.
During the interview process with Mrs. Jones was very useful because she shared her experiences as a teacher and coordinator working with students that have developmental delays. She supplied excellent examples to show pros and cons for students that have developmental delays. She feels that all teachers should have professional development training on skills/strategies that can be used in regular education classroom for adaptations for all learners.
When it comes to challenges for these interviews it was scheduling time frames but when I was finally able to meet them it was a great experience and eye opener. It allowed me to understand the importance of a building relationship with my students. By building theses relationships it helped me see signs that might trigger my students to act out or noticed signs for developmental delays. 

Some of the questions that I asked during these interviews were:

1.      What does a successful family/professional relationship   consist of in your line of work?
2.      When you first started working in this field, what assumptions, biases, or values did you have in working with these families? How has this changed over time?
3.      What challenges and triumphs have you experienced in your position?

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa,

    What a great topic. I was wondering did you have to reach out to more then just two people to get your interviews complete. I sent out four and only got two back which I have found to be sort of the norm even when contacting potential interview candidates in advance.

    Did you find yourself writing questions that would benefit your research or questions that would highlight your interviews?

    Christine

    ReplyDelete