Importance of Early Childhood Education

Importance of Early Childhood Education

Wednesday, June 3, 2015




Effective communication is the key to success in so many ways. It’s important that when we communicate to others that we make sure that it is clear and precise. They have a great understanding on what is been said or asked of them. Before speaking I feel that it is important to think first on how you are going to say something because the way say truly determines how others receive the information.

Two communication skills that are important to embody when leading policy change is watching nonverbal cues and being assertive. When it comes to watching nonverbal cues it allows you to determine if your audience is engaged in what is been said. Also, I have to be careful with my cues as well. My actions or how I express my concerns allows the audience to know how serious I’m about the policy. Body language and voice tone is something that I will have to personally work on to be effective in my communication skills. Being assertive and direct is the next important factor when it comes to communication. This allows me to take in consideration for others thoughts and opinion. Being open minded at all times allow my sure that my policy is effective and precise.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the way you deliver a message decides how your audience interprets it. I also agree that body language is very important. If we say one thing and our body language says the opposite our listeners may become confused as to what we are actually trying to convey to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clarissa,
    Being clear in a message is so important! Often times, it's also the hardest part. I could not begin to tell you how many times I think I've created a clear message in a speech or for a presentation, only to realize after the fact that for many in the audience I was as clear as mud!! I've learned it's easier to be clear in my message if I have an understanding of who my audience is and what their stance may be regarding my issue. Everyone brings their own set of experiences and perceptions and that is one of the obstacles in creating a clear message.

    ReplyDelete