Importance of Early Childhood Education

Importance of Early Childhood Education

Wednesday, March 11, 2015


 
 
As an educator I have many professional goals that I feel will help me to be an effective teacher and leader in the world of education.  These goals will allow me to build a connection with the families that we serve and policies that we have in place for early childhood.  My first goal is to be effective in my passion. By being effective I will continue to research different strategies that can be implemented in the classroom to make sure I’m reaching all learns. I know that all children learn differently, so this why it’s important to have differentiated instruction at all times. The second goal is to gain more knowledge on policies and systems in early childhood.  I feel that this course will help me gain that knowledge in these two areas because this something that I know that I’m slightly puzzle on. The third goal is to bring awareness of early intervention for the families that we serve. I want to supply families with information on services that are available can help them cope, learned, and meet others families that have children with learning disabilities.  
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Clarissa! I really like your blog. I also like your three goals. I think that your goals will be beneficial to students and their parents. I also think that your goals will make you a more effective teacher. Differentiating instruction will help you to reach and include more of your students. Sharing information with parents will help them know more about how to help their children. This will be very helpful to you and your students.

    I want to wish you good luck with your research. I hope that you will share your findings here on your blog. Also, I agree with you. I also believe that we are going to learn a lot about educational policies in this course.

    Jade Brannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clarissa,
    We have a common goal in learning about the policies and systems in Early Childhood Education. I feel that the knowledge of the policies and systems will help us be better educators and advocates for the children we serve. We can also participate in implementing policies that will make education more beneficial to educators, children and their families. I hope that the information provided in this course is retained and used in your setting! I enjoyed reading your blog and good luck with all the goals you have set for this course!

    Tamika Schaffer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clarissa,
    I love the picture you posted-All Children Can Learn. That's a sentiment I hold dear to my teaching practice. It's one that's important to remember, too-all children can learn but their learning and development happens at different times and in different ways. I'm blessed to be the mom of three children who have learning disabilities. It was a shocking thing to me when they struggled in school because school was always a place I met with easy and great success! Watching my kids struggle to learn and realizing how little we as teachers actually understood about how to support their learning was eye-opening and helped me find the needed resolve to become a better teacher for all of the students I teach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarissa,
    Differentiation is a goal all educators should be striving to achieve. I've heard that it takes a lot of time to plan and include it in daily schedules. However; children have various needs and perform on different academic levels. Therefore; it must be a part of our curriculum for all students to learn successfully.

    Sharon Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Differentiation is imperative to teaching in our world today. We must strive to accommodate our students by teaching the same standards at different levels, below, on, and above. This is a enormous part of our evaluation statewide this year. It is a welcome challenge. I want to guide and assist my students in exceeding the standards.
    I think this is a journey that we all will come to the end be more knowledgeable of systems and policies in early childhood education.

    ReplyDelete